Double-potency formula offering 1,500 mg of EPA and 1,000 mg of DHA per teaspoon
- Helps support cognitive and cardiovascular health, while reducing serum triglycerides
- In conjunction with conventional therapy, helps to reduce the pain of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) in adults
- Delicious natural orange flavour
- Features an anti-spill pouring spout
Super EFA Forte Liquid is a high-potency fish oil formula offering EPA and DHA in a bioavailable triglyceride form. Each exceptionally pure and clean-tasting teaspoon offers 2,500 mg of EPA and DHA to support cognitive and cardiovascular health, as well as joint health in adults with RA. DHA is one of the most important omega-3 fatty acids in the brain, where it helps regulate membrane fluidity, the formation of synapses, and cytokine production.1Clinical research has demonstrated that DHA can support cognitive health, including episodic memory and learning in older adults.2 DHA also helps support the development of the brain, eyes and nerves in children up to 12 years of age. EPA and DHA support cardiovascular health by promoting healthy lipid metabolism, heart rates, and platelet and endothelial function.3 In conjunction with conventional therapy, EPA and DHA help reduce the pain of RA in adults. These omega-3 fatty acids have been clinically demonstrated to improve joint pain intensity, hand grip strength and measures of daily function in adults with RA, which may result from their ability to regulate immune cell activity and prostaglandin and leukotriene production.4Triglyceride fish oils have also demonstrated greater bioavailability than ethyl esters in clinical research, with one study reporting a significantly higher increase in the omega-3 index after six months of supplementation than an identical dose of ethyl esters.5,6 Provided in a convenient liquid format, Super EFA Forte Liquid is ideal for individuals who may have difficulty or dislike swallowing capsules.
1. Dyall, SC. Front Aging Neurosci. 2015; 7: 52. 2. Yurko-Mauro, K, et al. Alzheimers Dement. 2010; 6(6): 456-64. 3. Kris-Etherton, PM, Harris, WS, Appel, LJ, American Heart Association. Circulation. 2002; 106(21): 2747–57. 4. Berbert, AA, Kondo, CR, Almendra, CL, Matsuo, T, Dichi, I. [Abstract]. Nutrition. 2005; 21(2): 131-6. 5. Dyerberg, J, Madsen, P, Møller, JM, Aardestrup, I, Schmidt, EB. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2010; 83(3): 137-41. 6. Neubronner, J, Schuchardt, JP, Kressel, G, Merkel, M, von Schacky, C, Hahn, A. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2011; 65(2): 247-54.