Smith’s Pharmacy is Toronto’s Compounding Pharmacy
A Compounding Pharmacy for Customized Medication Solutions
There is an abundance of manufactured supplements available from many health food stores and pharmacies. There are endless choices, forms and sources of natural remedies and medications. Complications arising from patient’s non-compliance have caused and increased interest in customized compounding solutions. Many patients are allergic to preservatives or dyes, or sensitive to standard strengths and ratios. With a physician’s consent, a Compounding Pharmacist and Compounding Pharmacy can adjust the strength, form, ratio, amount, texture, and flavour of the formulation according to the patient’s treatment protocol.
Smith’s Pharmacy is an accredited compounding pharmacy, fully equipped to provide our clients with custom preparations free of fillers, dyes, binders, and additives. The preparation of compounds requires education and training in compounding techniques and premium quality ingredients. Specialized equipment is required and not usually available in most pharmacies. In cooperation with physicians, our compounding specialists can adjust the dosage of the chosen medication according to the height/weight of the patient, their absorption ability or their potential sensitivities/allergies.
Compounded Pharmacy Dosage Forms & Options:
Smith’s Laboratory has the necessary equipment to make the following dosage forms:
- Transdermal creams, ointments, gels and lotions
- Medicated troches (lozenges), medicated lip balms, bulk powders
- Nasal sprays, dental and ophthalmic preparations
- Vaginal/rectal suppositories, vaginal/rectal creams and gels with applicators
- Capsule filling of any remedies/medications, time released oral capsules
- Herbal, homeopathic, original formulas and over the counter medications
- Injectables (vials or pre-filled single syringes)Tinctures, infusions, suspensions, and liquids
- Lollipops, pastes, and inserts
- Flavouring choices for improved compliance
Compounding Pharmacy Specialties:
Smith’s Pharmacy prepares a variety of Compounding Pharmacy Formulations emphasizing the following categories:
- Dermatological Preparations
- Compounded Bio-Identical Hormones for Restoration Therapy
- Innovative Neurological Compounds
- Preparations for the Bio-Medical Treatment of Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Parenteral Therapy Intravenous NutrientsAnti-Aging Medicines
- Pain Management/Palliative Care Solutions Hypertension Therapy Support
- Compounded Dental Formulations
- Gastrointestinal Conditions
- Wound Care
- Sports Medicine
- Geriatric Treatments
- Ophthalmic Specialties
- Otic Insufflations
- Smoking Cessation Protocols
- Weight Loss
- Many others are also available . . .
Can Any Compounding Pharmacy Compound?
Preparation of these specialized products requires chemicals and equipment that are not available in most pharmacies. Our pharmacists have received extensive additional training in compounding techniques. We have a support network that generates a constant exchange of ideas, innovations and techniques involving compounding.
“Meeting Patient & Practitioner Needs”
Compounders focus on meeting special needs. This may involve compounding alternatives in hormone replacement therapy, height/weight-appropriate pediatric medications, medications for veterinarians in a variety of dosage forms and flavors, or dosage options, such as transdermal gels, when treating hospice patients. The ultimate goal in preparing any of these customized medications is to help the physician and patient achieve a more positive therapeutic outcome.
Compounding Pharmacy Dispensary:
Our Compounding Pharmacist is readily available to you, if you have any questions or concerns. Do not hesitate to contact us today with all your questions about our Compounding Pharmacy, medications and dispensary.