Bio-Medical Compounding Choices & Treatments for ASD
Smith’s Pharmacy: A Compounding Centre for Customized Medication SolutionsThere is an abundance of manufactured supplements available from many health food stores and pharmacies. There are endless choices, forms and sources of natural remedies and medications. Complications arising from patient non-compliance have caused an increased interest in customized compounding solutions. Many children are allergic to preservatives or dyes, or sensitive to standard strengths and +ratios. Benefits of Compounding for Autistic Spectrum Disorders’ Treatments Protocols
Smith’s Pharmacy is an accredited pharmacy, fully equipped to provide our clients with custom preparations free of fillers, dyes, binders, and additives. In cooperation with physicians, our compounding specialists can adjust the dosage of the chosen medication according to the height/weight of the patient, their absorption ability or their potential sensitivities/allergies & can adjust the strength, form, ratio, amount, texture and flavor of the formulation according to the child’s treatment protocol and personal preferences.
Compounding Dosage Forms to Accommodate the Children‘s ASD Supplementation
Smith’s laboratory has the necessary equipment to make the following Compounded Dosage Forms:
List of Bio-Medical Treatments for ASD – Available at Smith’s Pharmacy
- Transdermal creams, ointments, gels and lotions
- Medicated troches (lozenges), medicated lip balms, bulk powders
- Nasal sprays, dental and ophthalmic preparations
- Vaginal/rectal suppositories, vaginal/rectal creams and gels with applicators
- Capsule filling of any remedies/medications, time released oral capsules
- Herbal mixtures in various forms
- Homeopathic remedies (single or combination)
- Original formulas and over the counter medications
- Injectables (vials or single pre-filled syringes)
- Tinctures, infusions, suspensions and liquids
- Lollipops, pastes and inserts
- Flavouring choices for improved compliance
- Gluten and Casein Free Supplements
- Multiple Enzyme Supplementation
- Antifungal Treatments with Pharmaceuticals and Naturopathic Remedies
- Chelation Therapy
- Glutathione Supplementation
- Epsom Salt Baths & Hydrotherapy
- Vitamin B12 Parenteral Therapy
- Vitamin C with Bioflavonoids Supplementation
- Natural Antioxidant Support: Dimethylglycine (DMG) and Trimethylglycine (TMG)
- Nervous Function Support: Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), Essential Fatty Acids (EFA’s)
Specific Modalities for ASD Treatment SupportInfrared Sauna for Immune System Support
A growing number of Medical and Naturopathic Doctors are discovering tremendous results with Far Infrared Sauna Therapy. These unique toxin-free saunas deliver the detoxification of the body and work as catalysts to healing via pure ceramic heaters that do not exceed the temperature range: 40-50 C, compared to other types of saunas that might compromise the status of certain cardiovascular conditions. These FIR sauna therapies improve the children’s immune strength in the most safe, non-invasive way, practically without any side-effects.
Smith’s Pharmacy expanded this special modality for the enhancement and development of child’s sensory-motor function with entertaining games and toys, which are tested and proven effective in teaching and medical facilities for all children development stages, especially beneficial to those with increased need to improve their cognitive abilities.
‘Aller Air Purifier’ Machines and Filters
Environmental Section carries air purifiers that eliminate airborne allergens, irritants like dust and pet dander. They feature both a HEPA filter and specially formulated MAC-B carbon, the only materials proven to effectively neutralize odors and harmful chemicals, all important to support the immune system of ASD diagnosed child.
Gluten-Free Snacks & Sugar-Replacement Nutrition Supply
Organic Food Sections carries a selection of snacks suitable for ASD type of recommended diet for those under special dietary regime. For example Enjoy Life company carries products that are gluten-free, nut-free (no peanuts and no tree nuts), no wheat, dairy-free (no milk and no eggs), no fish or shellfish traces. There are more products that are 100% free of all common allergens, without artificial ingredients, additives, and GMOs.
Book Department with ASD Section of Recommended Referenced Books
ASD section contains books for ASD diet, supplementation, specific conditions (Asperger’s syndrome, Autism, Pervasive Developmental Disorders (PDD), Rett’s disorder, Childhood Disintegrative Disorder), Candidiasis, Gluten-Free and Sugar-Free Cook Books, etc.
LiteBook Elite for Neurostimulation
The popular portable LiteBook Elite is used not only for Seasonal Affective Disorders (ASD), but for the stimulation of neuro-associations to increase daily alertness and the balance of serotonin-melatonin levels. LiteBook employs the highest quality white light emitting diode (LED) technology, resulting in an astonishingly bright light delivery system. (Note: not suitable for children with certain ophthalmologic problems without medical eye screening and consultation).
Sensory-Motor-Neuro-Association EnhancementSmith‘s Pharmacy Offers Products for Children‘s Sensory Motor Enhancement
There are numerous games, items and educational materials available to improve cognitive function by stimulating sensory-motor-neuro-associations of the brain, beneficial for all children during their growth and overall development.
Products available at Smith’s Pharmacy are specifically used in the professional clinics for children with ASD and are proven to be favorable as learning/teaching tools.
Sensory-Motor-Neuro-Associations Enhancement and Benefits
Professionally chosen games/tools help children in the following categories:
- Improving cognitive development by aiding concepts like shape and colour recognition
- Reinforcing important language and problem solving skills
- Encouraging development of hand-eye coordination
- Aiding in improved tactile, visual and grossmotor skills
- Increasing learning and exercising abilities while playing with sound tunes
- Promoting creativity with visual stimulation and awareness of spatial relationships
- Improving fine motor, perceptual and cognitive skills
Community ASD Links:Smith's Pharmacy promotes three unique companies that provide various services to ASD community (click on the company's logo for the link to each homepage website):
- wm+a: providing a range of behavioural intervention and staffing support services for children, youth or adults with autism and developmental exceptionalities.
- Interim: providing temporary community care support staff to hospitals, residential and care homes, psychiatric and secure environments, sheltered accommodation and private homes.
- AlphaBee: providing home and centre-based Intensive Behavioural Intervention services to children with autism and developmental exceptionalities.