A Compounding Centre for Customized Medication Solutions
Smith‘s Pharmacy prepares a variety of Compounding Formulations emphasizing the following categories:
- Dermatological Preparations
- Compounded Bio-Identical Hormones for Restoration Therapy
- Innovative Neurological Compounds
- Preparations for the Bio-Medical Treatment of Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Parenteral Therapy Intravenous Nutrients
- Anti-Aging Medicines
- Pain Management/Palliative Care Solutions
- Hypertension Therapy Support
- Compounded Dental Formulations
- Gastrointestinal Conditions
- Wound Care
- Sports Medicine
- Geriatric Treatments
- Ophthalmic Specialties
- Otic Insufflations
- Smoking Cessation Protocols
- Weight Loss
and many more . . .
Can Any Pharmacy Compound?
Preparation of these specialized products requires chemicals and equipment that are not available in most pharmacies. Our pharmacists have received extensive additional training in compounding techniques. We have a support network that generates a constant exchange of ideas, innovations and techniques involving compounding.
“Meeting Patient & Practitioner Needs”
Compounders focus on meeting special needs. This may involve compounding alternatives in hormone replacement therapy, height/weight-appropriate pediatric medications, medications for veterinarians in a variety of dosage forms and flavors, or dosage options, such as transdermal gels, when treating hospice patients. The ultimate goal in preparing any of these customized medications is to help the physician and patient achieve a more positive therapeutic outcome.
Our Compounding Pharmacist is readily available to you, if you have any questions or concerns.
Smith's Pharmacy News in Advanced Medical Techniques: Mesotherapy
Mesotherapy- A Specialty of Medicine
Mesotherapy (from Greek mesos=”middle”, and therapeia=”to treat medically”) is a non-surgical cosmetic medical technique, founded by Dr. Michael Pistor in
Mesotherapy injections in the aesthetic medicine mostly target adipose fat cells, therefore it can be used to eliminate cellulite, promote weight loss, treat aging skin, and rejuvenate redundant (sagging) skin, especially on the most exposed areas (the hands and neck). Although Mesotherapy happens to be employed mostly for cosmetic conditions, it can be used to treat a broad spectrum of injuries in sport medicine and illnesses related to the chronic pain and stress.
Compared to other medical treatment options (including surgeries, liposuction) for dermatological and musculoskeletal conditions, Mesotherapy does not require hospitalization, general anesthesia or downtime. The advantage of Mesotherapy micro-injections into the skin/fat includes the elimination of side effects & contra-indications, especially when pharmaceutical sources are being avoided. Plus on average, patients notice visible improvements already after two or three sessions (depending on the health condition being treated).
Two main techniques used for aging skin are:
1. Mesotherapy Mesolift - Skin rejuvenation to treat and/or prevent premature aging skin, and making it as looking radiant, glowing, rested, and firmer (without any invasive surgical procedures such as laser resurfacing, botox, peels, facelifts, etc.). It is used especially in any area of excess stubborn fat or cellulite accumulated problematic area, in order to dissolve the fat with Lipodissolve Mesotherapy alternative.
2. Mesotherapy Mesoglow – Anti-scarring and anti-damaging micro-injections of hydrating nutrients such as vitamins, micro trace elements, hyaluronic acid & Retin-A into the dermal layers of the facial skin (hands and neck as well). It gives the skin a fresh healthy glow and tightening, therefore reduces the appearance of fine lines and acne scarring.
Mesotherapy should be performed by a qualified MD at certified clinics. Patients who are seeking for a trained Mesotherapist, and need any assistance regarding this popular medical specialty, should contact Smith’s Pharmacy “
Smith’s Pharmacy is a compounding pharmacy, therefore all supplies, devices, injections, needles and substances (with or without preservatives) used for Mesotherapy treatment protocols, can be provided by our facility. Please contact the Compounding Pharmacist at our Dispensary to confirm if your health condition is appropriate and/or related to Mesotherapy treatments.